Ten Years Ago
- I was 15 years old
- Joined Delhi public school - R.K.Puram...a whole new chapter in my life
- Realized that geeks of higher magnitude and competence existed on the planet
- Life was fun again...even though really challenging.
- It was awesome to have dad back with us. He had been transferred to Lucknow for 3 yrs.
- I was 20 years old
- Had moved to Tucson, Arizona for college. Best time of my life. Made a zillion friends. Had learnt how to live on my own and how to not miss home too much.
- The highest of highs and the lowest of lows. But still loved every second of it.
- Countless adventures. Awesome hikes, amazing road trips.
- Suffered my first and most serious heartbreak ever. It changed me for the better. When I look back, I would have dealt with the situation differently....but given I was only 19-20 yrs old...I think I turned out good. Thanks to my buddies.
- Professionally: Entered the whole work life deal....it's all that and a bag of chips (as Frito would say)
- Intellectually: Got my second degree!! YAY :-)
- Artfully: Started learning a new dance form and actually took part in an ensemble performance! (more on that later)
- Personally: Made a truckload of friends....and some very special connections. Cried and laughed a lot. Heartbreaks+1
- Musically: Met The Edge and got his autograph!!! Attended an up-close and personal U2 concert. Attended a Roger Waters concert!!
- Pulled a late night at work...and got a lot done :-)
- Saw some great kathak pictures.
- Froze my butt off in the cold.
- Yapped away with a friend to catch up on his Peruvian adventures.
- Finalized plans for the great Zootopian gettogether this weekend :) Yay!
Five Things Planned for next 5 Years
- World domination.
- Visit Egypt.
- Johnny Depp
- Chocolate, Idlis
- Clive Owen
- Gael Barnal Garcia
Five Songs I know by heart
I suck at learning lyrics. But any U2, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd song is usually more lyrically easier for me. Other than that, I usually remember songs well after I've heard them a couple of times.
Five Things I'd do If I had Money
- Buy a house for my parents, wherever they wished...with sweeping gardens for my mom to enjoy....and sunlight for my dad.
- Buy a condo in the city in a high rise, loft style!
- Leave aside some for the future. And donate the rest.
- Quit and travel the world. Probably move back to India as well...
- Into music.
- Into a book.
- With Bugs and Tigs.
- Taking a walk...wherever...whenever.
(ok, so that was 6)TV Shows
- Whose line is it anyway?
- Sex & the City
- With the people I share my life with.
- My computer
- See above. Negate that.
Five Favourite Ethnic Cuisines
- Home...wherever my parents are.
- Arizona....not the touristy stuff...the real beauty lies in the roads less travelled.