Friday, January 19, 2007

It snowed today


In Manhattan....and it actually collected on the streets! :-)

I woke up to a really dark day. I couldnt figure out why it was still so dark considering it was 6 a.m. I looked out the window to see tiny snowflakes falling and the street covered in a thin sheet of whiteness. That made my day.

A little later, I could see the snow coming down hard. So I opened up my window to catch a few flakes and the wind blew a few hundred flakes in. I giggled. It was beautiful. Have you ever stuck your tongue out to catch a flake? Try it...It's the most childlike experience you could have.

(And yes, I'm back. I'll post a few pictures and give you all my stories hopefully soon)

Music to rise to:
The Strokes - "You only live once"
The Strokes - "Razorblade"
Shamur - "Gonna make it"
Ustad Sultan Khan - "Leja Leja Re"
Atif Aslam - "Mahiya Ve Soniya"

Love,
-Amrita

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back ! Here's to more snow flakes on the tip of your tongue. Gonna test drive your the-strokes-infused playlist :).

Rajesh said...

... and you might have thought that it would have snowed at least once during the last 1 month or so ;). In fact Delhi was colder than NYC during the New Year week :)

Mosilager said...

Hey it snowed here too! Not the promised 5 inches, but there is a little smattering of it.

ammu said...

Lova - Thanks! :-) and thanks! Hope you liked The Strokes.

Rajesh - Yes...Delhi was colder on a few days! :P Hope you're well

Mos - little less than none I say. It's not winter without snow.

unconscious statistician said...

Hey...Welcome back to NY and welcome me too!

coolshades said...

It snowed here on Sunday! I was in shock. I didn't stick my tongue out to catch any flakes, though...I'll have to do that when it snows again 20 years from now. lol

Glad you made it back home safely :)