Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Dance like this

Wyclef belts out...
"Baila en la calle de noche
Baila en la calle de dia"

Literally translates to ... (thanks Alicia)

"Dance in the streets at night
Dance in the streets by day"


And that's exactly what I did.

Created this amazing setlist last night with a lot of the songs from the soundtrack of Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights (My all time favorite movie for those who dont know). There is something about Cuban and other Latin American music. There is a raw passion in the beats and rythms....for Dance, Love and Life. Not to mention the sensuality factor. Oh so much ...

So it's a cool afternoon and i'm going about my business on the streets of nyc...with my new playlist smoothly flowing out of the iPod...and I cant help but break out into subtle moves...the beats just swept me away. And of course there is a stupid smile plastered on my face... ;)

Then Yerba Beuna took over with "Guajira"...
"Guajira
I love you too much"

Standing at a traffic light...head bobbing, shoulders and hips swaying slightly...it's all I could do to not start moving my arms as well and make a complete fool out of myself. But I was having soooo much fun!!!!! :-) Most of the dancing was going on inside my head thankfully... :)

So...yeah...nice dancy day :D

Tchau, Ate mai tarde,
~Amrita

No comments: